Types of Literature
Citizen Science Today will serve as an aggregator of citizen science literature of various formats, including:
- Published journal content
- Online content (e.g. blogs)
Topics of Interest
Citizen Science Today seeks to publish articles spanning a wide variety of topics, including:
- Results from research using citizen science
- Results from research on citizen science
- Study of and/or commentary on methods, system design, and computing in citizen science
- Commentary on the ethics, policies, and principles of citizen science
How Articles Are Selected For Publication
Articles appearing in our monthly Citizen Science Today publication all undergo the following process:
- Articles are collected from a variety of citizen science feeds and from submissions by our readers (see Submit Work)
- Our editors-at-large (see About Citizen Science Today) nominate outstanding articles from the submissions based on the criteria listed above
- Nominated articles go through a final stage of review by the editors-in-chief prior to being selected for publication
- If the original posts are public, we reproduce original post (copyright allowing) with full attribution and link-back to original post. For items not CC-BY, to republish full post, we will contact the authors. Otherwise we will publish just the abstract with a link-back to original post.
- If the original posts are behind paywalls, we reproduce the abstract or summary of the abstract with full attribution and link-back to the original journal.
- If any author wishes us to remove any of their content at any time, we will happily do so within a reasonable amount of time.